Sunday, June 12, 2011

Bubblicious - Japanese style!

Price: $1.29/each
Where I purchased: Mitsuwa Market - Torrance, CA

I made another visit to the local Japanese store to buy some veggies for dinner the other night and decided to stop by the candy section and see if there was anything new.  The boy actually found these in the gum section as I was off buying some bread for the week.

I was so excited about these new finds! I was getting a little discouraged that the only items I was finding at the stores was the Oreo and the Kit Kats only, so I went ahead and bought 2 Bubblicious gum flavors just to test them out.   And here is what I think...

I am not sure what flavor this is, the picture just says "miracle" and was the first one we tried... OMG - it was baaaaaaaaad!   It was so bad I had to spit it out.  It tasted like earthy medicine, some sort of Chinese medicine that has bugs and roots and woodchips or something.  Totally not my cup of tea.  The boy continues to chew on his as I type this post, though....

Now this second one is a different story.  I like Ramune so I thought how can this go wrong.  After that first awful experience, I tried this one right after because I needed something to take away that bad taste in my mouth.  This did it.  It starts with a really powerful ramune taste - sweet, bubbly, fresh, yum!  The sad part is... the flavor does NOT last - after 5-7 mins of chewing this gum, the flavor is pretty much gone. :(

So in short, the experience has been a little bittersweet - I was so excited about finding this new brand in a Japanese version, but the results were not as good as I expected.  Definitely a weird taste that first one, just like this weird commercial for Japanese Bubblicious found on the interweb: http://www.strimoo.com/video/17513202/Bubblicious-Japanese-Commercial-MySpaceVideos.html

No comments:

Post a Comment